Senior Hr Business Partner
What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) also use Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) are looking for a HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join AWE within the HR function. This is an exciting time to join AWE as Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) are going through a period of growth and change.
This role will act as a business partner to one or more functions on people and organisational matters, collaborating with HR Services and Centres of Expertise and driving forward the people aspects of the business plan to support functional excellence.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £56,300 - £85,000 (dependent on experience)
As part of Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) careers site
As a HRBP you will undertake the following:
- With guidance from the Heads of HR (HOHR), support the development and implementation of People Strategy and Plans for functional area of the business
- Identify internal and external trends and commission strategic analysis and recommendations from the wider HR team, including external benchmarking to facilitate key people recommendations and decisions that deliver the people aspects of the business plan
- Identify, sponsor and direct HR project delivery, managing change for specific projects and initiatives
- Provide direction support, coaching and training to Executive and Business leaders to deliver the people strategy & plan
- Manage succession planning to ensure resilience for all key/senior roles. ensuring linkage across all functional areas
- Ensure a performance management culture is in place and an accurate, robust and credible talent plan is in place and actively utilise to support and inform development activity
- Oversee complex ER cases in conjunction with ER and the legal team, making sound decisions to ensure business risk is mitigated and performance and behavioural standards are maintained
- Act as an interface between the AWE business and HR function to ensure alignment and delivery of strategic initiatives and service delivery to meet demands
- Implement and contribute to continual improvement and innovation ensuring the business is recognised for developing and delivering excellent people practises
- Ensure a positive and proactive relationship with trade union partners
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good general standard of education, CIPD or relevant HR qualification
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels
- Ability to develop a solid understanding of organisational requirements and to develop strategies and solutions to drive business performance
- Ability to use information in a structured way, applying sound judgement to identify and make robust commercial decisions
- Experience of working within a complex matrix engineering / manufacturing organisation
- Experience of supporting and embedding change whilst balancing the need to deliver short- and long-term sustainable benefits
- Experience of Talent management
- Experience of working within an HR model utilising Centres of Expertise
- Excellent understanding of employment law to manage change and ER agendas creatively
All candidates must be able to apply for and maintain the correct security clearance for this role.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE).
Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) ambition is to create workplaces where Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) employees feel able to be themselves at work. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants. Any inclusion information you provide Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.