Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst, Development - Index Technology will be responsible for the scope, requirements, and delivery of building new Index services in support the governance and management of Indices, operational and audit requirements.
For this position the candidate would initially be working on the Index Catalogue initiative. This is a multi-year programme to consolidate and maintain all index data across FTSE Russell, covering all asset types, platforms, and variations. As such experience of data warehouse, data mapping, data modelling, and platform migrations would be beneficial, as would be an understanding of maintenance workflow/process mapping for data maintenance. The candidate would need to be highly organised and able to work, with sometimes limited support, to understand London Stock Exchange Group data issues and then document business logic/mapping solutions for sign off by the business.
The index catalogue project is supported by three Business Analysts, this role being for the third.
Once this programme is complete the expectation is that the candidate would then move into a senior BA role on one of Equities or Fixed Income product workstreams, helping to devise and implement new index methodologies and extend the company’s market share.
- Understanding and defining the Business requirements to support the design and development of the Index Catalogue.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that features are understood and prioritised.
- Work with the Tech Leads, Technical Architects, and Business Stakeholders to define solutions and present multiple, estimated options for consideration.
- Develop knowledge in order to act as a subject matter expert in Index products and/or Index operations, in order to help support a broad range of business driven projects where SMEs can be in short supply
- Work with in sprint BAs to ensure the scope and business benefits of the delivery are understood; act as a proxy-Product Owner in grooming sessions, planning, and sprint reviews to represent the business needs and priorities.
- Assist the in-sprint BA in creating Epics and Stories for review, estimation, and delivery by the technical team.
- Provide walkthroughs and workshops of detailed requirements/acceptance criteria with the business in order to achieve sign off.
- Ensure that the status of JIRA Outcomes are kept accurate and up to date in terms of workflow and status.
- Perform data analysis on Index and Product data from a number of different index platforms with a view to mapping the source data into a single, consolidated model.
- Resolve escalations and queries, relating to scope and acceptance criteria, from the technology team.
Technical/ job functional knowledge
- Experience in software development methodologies
- Experience in working on data management and data focussed projects
- Knowledge of Agile practices and processes
- Experience with TDD and BDD testing patterns or open to learn
- Good SQL and data analysis query skills
- 5+ Years Business Analysis experience within an IT division or company
- Experience in financial services with an understanding of financial and related market data – back office and financial reference data experience extremely beneficial
- Experience of working with offshore teams also extremely beneficial
Personal skills & capabilities
- High level of written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Product Owner and/or Project Management experience
- Coaching skills important – will be responsible for monitoring and coaching a more junior Business Analyst supporting delivery
- Strong team player, problem solver, a self-sufficient individual with an ability to be constructively address issues – delivery focussed
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
- IMC or similar qualification
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience of working with API/Service oriented framework
- Development experience, particularly in Java/Angular/Python.
- Good experience in AWS