Senior Audit Manager
Exciting opportunities to join a fast-growing Internal Audit function at the prestigious London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG).
“LSEG is a diverse and truly global organisation which has grown materially in 2021, primarily through the acquisition of Refinitiv. As part of LSEG Internal Audit, you will have the opportunity to provide assurance and insights on the Refinitiv integration as well as business areas such as Capital Markets, Post Trade, Technology, Data and Analytics and the Group’s central functions.
In line with the Group’s expansion, Internal Audit’s scale is expanding too with a range of highly experienced audit professionals joining the function to complement London Stock Exchange Group outstanding existing team as London Stock Exchange Group build an Internal Audit function fit for LSEG’s new era. Be part of that journey!”
As an experienced auditor, you’ll support the Director of Professional Practices in the delivery of the Quality Assurance Plan and support the development of Internal Audit Methodology. You’ll be required to provide advice to auditors at all levels on how to manage audit risk and adhere to methodology and best practice. A key focus area of your job will be to deliver comprehensive and insightful quality assurance reviews on business, technology, and integrated audits, providing independent and robust review and challenge on the audit teams’ assurance work.
In this key role, you’ll apply your knowledge and expertise risks and controls, audit methodologies and good practices in the delivery of your quality assurance work. You’ll work collaboratively with audit teams across the function to improve quality and adopt best practices.
To help London Stock Exchange Group deliver on the LSEG strategic goal to be a leading industry-shaping financial markets infrastructure and data provider, your effective engagement with the internal audit function will help ensure the consistent adherence to quality, efficiency, and best practice in the delivery of a risk-based technology, business, and integrated audits.
- Supports the development of the Quality Assurance Plan to help the IA function manage audit risk and to provide quality related information to senior Committees to support their monitoring of the function’s performance.
- Delivers the Quality Assurance Plan at pace and high standard under the direction of the Director of Professional Practices on all types of work, i.e., quality assurance (cold reviews); advisory work (hot reviews) and thematic reviews.
- Supports reporting and communication of audit quality results and key related themes to the LSEG Audit Leadership team and across the wider audit function.
- Engages proactively with auditors at all levels thereby enabling their understand of methodology and best practice in auditing key risks and appropriately managing audit risk.
- Recognised SME in the field of Internal Audit Methodology and Risk Management.
- Develops the audit methodology and keeps up to date with IIA and other applicable standards which may require amendments to methodology.
- Develops and delivers Internal audit methodology related staff training for the function.
- Supports the Director of Professional Practices in ensuring the Workflow system is configured to align to audit methodology.
- Brings thought leadership to the role, by stretching thinking through connections, courage, and credibility.
- Good understanding of risks and experience of delivering within a major financial institution.
- Previous experience of IT general controls and / or application controls testing.
- Recognised Internal Auditing (IIA/CIIA) or Accounting Qualification (may be part qualified).
- Broad relevant experience in assurance delivery and supervision and / or professional practices with proven ability in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders’ high-quality deliverables / reporting.
- Demonstrate experience in seeking and implementing new ways of working to make processes run smoother and faster for example experience in the use Data Analytica and / or Agile ways of working.
- Strong communication skills: Communicate with clarity and precision (written and spoken), presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of audit and leadership team.