Programme Risk Analyst
Together Scottish Water are Trusted to Serve Scotland.
About the Role
The Portfolio Management function is responsible for the effective management of capital investment through best-practice commercial and portfolio controls.
Scottish Water are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent organisational skills, data analysis and good attention to detail with the ability to collate risk information and turn it into meaningful risk data.
Main Purpose of the Role
As Risk Analyst you will be responsible for providing support, co-ordinating and ensuring effective and efficient delivery of the programme of works in accordance with Scottish Waters risk management framework.
You will ensure consistency and drive better compliance and risk data capture, as well as managing timely risk reporting submission into SW reporting cycle to enable senior management to make informed decisions and understand contingency provision.
Additionally, you will actively manage Scottish Waters Risk System and support /provide guidance to project managers in relation to increasing risk maturity and understanding their risk profile (contingency management) to ensure the Capital Programme outputs can be delivered for the agreed funding.
You will capture risk intelligence data produced within the business and interpret and present and feedback into the business to capitalise on continuous improvement and development in the area of risk management.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· MS Office skills - especially Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI.
· Experience of report development and ability to think logically and interpret complex data.
· Numeracy and analytical with strong presentation creation skills. You should also have good problem-solving skills
· The role will support adoption of tools and processes amongst the project teams and be instrumental in analysing and developing the information to produce meaningful and actionable reports.
· To provide advice and guidance to stakeholders in relation to risk outputs
· Ability to handle, interpret and consolidate the results of large data sets, ensuring that the results are accurate and interpretable for the relevant audience
· Ability to work as a team or independently
· Good time management and report writing skills
· Full UK driving licence
· Ideally you will have worked in a project / programme management environment
· Good visualisation skills for creating info graphics to represent data
· Experience working with Stakeholders in a client facing role
· Knowledge, experience and be skilled in the application of risk management techniques
· Comfortable in presenting information and facilitation meetings
Key Activities and Behaviour:
· You will support the Risk Co-ordinator and will be responsible for managing your daily activities as well as reporting deadlines and undertaking all general administrative responsibilities.
· You will provide support and advice in relation to risk management, in order to promote and embed the behavioural changes required across project delivery teams to improve the understanding of the importance of risk management and risk intelligence data gathering to support the embedment of new processes and systems as well as continuous improvement.
· You will facilitate regular communications with key customers (internally and externally) e.g. to obtain clarity on programme outputs, dates or scopes and managing the risks associated with these.
· People: Role model collaborative working with stakeholders (internal and external) and have a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
· Results: Driven to ensure that customer outcomes are delivered on time, efficiently and to the desired quality.
· Initiative: Flexible and willingness to complete tasks that you may believe requires needing to be undertaken, in relation to waiting to be directed.
· Self-Awareness: Regularly seek feedback and use learning to improve personal and team performance. Make best use of strengths of others to support areas of personal weakness
· Interpretation: Ability to interpret input / output data and produce value add reporting
What you’ll get
The salary range for this position is £31,380 - £43,350 depending on experience.
You can also expect:
- 38 days of holiday per year (including public holidays) with the option to buy 5 more
- Eligibility to join the defined benefit, contributory pension scheme
- Annual company bonus
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid time off for community volunteering
- Access to 'SW Splash', saving you money on holidays, bills and shopping
- Excellent family friendly policies around Adoption, Maternity, Parental Leave, and Flexible Working
The closing date for applications is: 31st May 2023
For any questions regarding this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any support needs?