What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) also use Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
AWE is currently recruiting for an Inventory Advisor to support inventory assurance and control for multiple Tech Centres.
Location – Basingstoke/Reading
Package – 29k
Closing date for this role is 1st June 2023
As part of Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) careers site
You will be required to:
- Support all AWE Sites with all aspects of Assurance and Inventory Control of components
- Update inventory platform (Jobsope) with all transactional changes
- Print labels and assist with applying to components
- Be part of a main Assurance and Inventory team for instigating/completing any cycle count activity
- Apply good working relationships with other teams within AWE for 100% compliance of Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) inventories
- Shift patterns may apply to support some roles within ATC
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills/Experience:
- A good standard of basic education
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Good methodical approach to work
- Ability to work and problem solve under pressure.
- Proactive approach to safety and quality
- Demonstrable evidence of working in a similar environment, where they have been responsible for similar capabilities
- Warehouse/stores operation
- Distribution networks
- UK health & safety legislation
- Inventory management experience
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for this role.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE).
Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) ambition is to create workplaces where Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) employees feel able to be themselves at work. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants. Any inclusion information you provide Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.