Construction Health And Safety Manager
What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) also use Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Construction Health and Safety Manager
You will provide specialist subject matter expertise in Construction Health & Safety associated with large capital new builds, enabling works, refurbishment and demolition programmes. You will be working as part of a team of Chartered Health & Safety professionals providing advice and guidance in line with relevant legislation, industry standards and AWE’s policies and procedures.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £41,500-£65,600 (Dependant on experience and suitability for the role)
Closing date - 2nd June 2023
As part of Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- A generous 270 hours of annual leave plus every other Friday off work.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for an annual membership of a relevant professional body.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Insurance
- An award-winning benefit scheme, AWE&ME My Choice, offers a wide range of lifestyle, financial and wellbeing services, including Cycle to Work and an Employee Discount scheme for savings on your every-day spending.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive experience in the field of Construction Health & Safety including a thorough working knowledge of the CDM Regulations.
- Self-confidence to Professionally challenge long established processes and work activities.
- Have the ability to build effective relationships with people at all levels within the organisation, including working collaboratively with Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) Supply Chain Partners.
- Provide proactive, visible Health & Safety Leadership during onsite monitoring activities.
- Being commercially aware when providing Construction Health & Safety advice and guidance.
- Level 5 Qualification e.g. NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE).
Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) ambition is to create workplaces where Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) employees feel able to be themselves at work. Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants. Any inclusion information you provide Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.