The problems can be found for various reason. Here We have discussed about the solution of those problems with the Usb device (Re-enable Task Manager When Disabled by Administrator ).
1.Fix the problem “USB Device Not Recognize”Sometimes when you plug in USB device in the port of your PC/Laptop, you will get a serious error message “USB Device Not Recognize”. To fix this problem follow the steps.
- Press Windows Key + R and type “regedt32.exe”.
- Navigate to
- If the Usb key is not exist then create “usb” key under “Services”.
- Under “Usb” key create a new DWORD value. Right click on the right pain of the “Rgistry Editor” and select “New > DWORD value”.
- Rename this newly created DWORD value as “DisableSelectiveSuspend”.
- Right click on “DisableSelectiveSuspend” and select “Modify”. Put 1 in “Value data” field.
- Click on “OK”.
- Reboot your computer.
2.Format USB Drive In Command PromptGenerally we format USB drive by right clicking on the "Removable drive" in "My Computer" Window and selecting “Format”. But sometimes Windows can’t format it and gives a message “Windows was unable to complete the format ”. By the following steps you can format your USB drive in command prompt and solve this problem.
- Go to “Start > Run” and type “cmd”. Click on “OK”.
- In the commend window type “format G:/FS:FAT32”. Here “G:” is my USB drive letter (it may be different for you) and “FAT32” is the file system.
- Now insert the USB stick to your computer and hit "Enter".
You might also like to read How To Stop VIrus Infection From USB Drives
3.Fix the problem “Error code 10”Sometimes whenever you plug in USB drive in Windows XP computer it shows an error message like “This device cannot start (code 10) ”. To fix this error problem follow the steps listed below.
- Go to “Start > Run” and type “Devmgmt.msc”. Click on “OK”.
- The “Device Manager” dialog box will appear. Expand the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”.
- Right click on “USB Mass Storage Device” and select “Properties”.
- Under the “General” tab you will see the “Device status” (Make sure your USB device is connected).
- If the “Device status” says that “Error code 10” or something like that then you have to uninstall all of your USB Controller.
- To uninstall the USB Controller right click on each of the USB Controller under “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and click on “Uninstall”.
- Restart your computer. The USB Controllers will be automatically re-installed.
4.Safely Remove Your USB Drive Without Any ErrorGenerally it happens with you so often that when you want to remove your USB by clicking on “Safely Remove Hardware” option in system tray it will give you an error message like “The Device Generic volume cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device later”. If you ignore this error message and remove USB drive, your USB drive may be damaged. To fix this problem you can use a free application “Unlocker”, which helps you to remove your USB drive safely.
- Download Unlocker 1.8.7 and install it.
- Right click on USB drive and select “Unlocker”.
- An “Unlocker” window will appear. Click on “Unlock All” to stop all running program in USB drive.
Now safely remove USB drive by click on “Safely Remove Hardware” option from the system tray.