What about the apps you downloaded from some other websites, it could be an issue on the Launchpad that for any third-party apps installation. Meanwhile, the database that Launchpad uses can get corrupted, and there is a possible way that you may find links to Dead apps that are no longer installed on your system, or missing apps that you know are still alive on your Mac PC. But you can still solve the problem easily by following few steps below:
- First go to the Finder.
- Now Hold down the Option key and than click on the Go Menu.
- From the menu select Library.
- Search for the Application Support folder and click to Open it.
- Than find the Doc folder and click to Open it.
- Now locate files ending in (.db).
- Drag each of them to the Trash.
- Than Restart your Mac.( You can log out and log-in back, if you prefer)
When your Mac restart it self and start again, it will automatically rebuild the Launchpad database and repopulate it with an accurate count of the apps you have on your Mac.