While there is a good chance that RIM will make it much easier for Playbook owners to install Android apps once the Android App Player is released officially, this is for those who already have the app up and running on their device and can’t wait to enjoy some Android apps! Here’s how to go about it.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. tipsbloe will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.Requirements:
- To begin, make sure the device is set to development mode. You will find this in the security options.
- As per the original guide, proceed with installing the Netflix app to start of with. Download Netflix.
- Copy the apk to \android\android-sdk\tools.
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB and run command prompt.
- Navigate to android\android-sdk\tools and enter the following commands:
adb connect 169.254.0.1:5555 adb root adb connect 169.254.0.1:5555 adb install com.netflix.mediaclient.1.3.apkThat’s it! The Netflix app should now be installed on your Playbook. This method does not guarantee perfect loads of every app and there have been users for whom this has not worked at all. However, feel free to try your luck with this.